1. paper [ˋpepɚ] n. 報告（可數）（國中基本1200字）
2. touch [tʌtʃ] n./v. 聯繫；接觸（國中基本1200字）
1. keep + 人 + from + V-ing 某人不能……
2. knock down 擊倒；另(be) down and out表「完全被擊潰；窮途潦倒」
3. put off 延後
Jane is writing her friend, Ann, in the UK and talking about her life.
I have to put off／all my fun plans for this summer／just because of COVID-19.
I’m so glad to know you and your family are fine in the UK.
1. Why didn’t Jane write to Ann until now?
(A) She didn’t like to write emails.
(B) She had too much work to do at school.
(C) She caught COVID-19 and was sick.
2. What has happened to Jane’s plans?
(A) She doesn’t like her fun plans.
(B) Some of them are changed.
(C) They will take place later.
3. Which is true?
(A) Jane fell down and is feeling lonely in Taiwan.
(B) Jane is worried because Ann isn’t fine in the UK.
(C) Ann wrote Jane first after their last emails.
I’m so glad to know／you and your family are fine／in the UK.
1. (B) 2. (C) 3. (C)