1. serious [ˋsɪrɪəs ] adj. 嚴重的、認真的（國中基本1200字）
2. save [ sev ] v. 拯救、節省（國中基本1200字）
1. I can’t believe (that) 我不敢相信
2. water shortage 缺水
Jack is telling Zoe and Irene why the swimming pool is closed now.
I can’t believe／the swimming pool／is closed now.
Due to the serious water shortage, the pool is closed in July to save water.
1. What happened to the swimming pool?
(A) It is open
(B) It is closed
(C) It is broken
2. Why is the pool closed?
(A) To save money
(B) To save people
(C) To save water
3. How long will the pool be closed?
(A) The whole month
(B) The whole summer
(C) The whole year
Due to／the serious water shortage,／the pool is closed／in July／to save water.
1. (B) 2. (C) 3. (A)