1. spread [sprɛd] v. 散播；蔓延（國中挑戰800字）
2. company [ˋkʌmpənɪ] n. 公司（國中挑戰800字）
3. death [dɛθ] n. 死亡（國中挑戰800字）
1. close down 停業；倒閉
2. break one’s heart 使某人心碎傷痛
3. Shelley 指19世紀英國詩人雪萊（Percy Bysshe Shelley），所引用的詩句出自《西風頌》（Ode to the West Wind）。
Wendy is writing down her feeling about the year of 2020 in her diary.
COVID-19／has killed many people／since it started to spread／in the world／early this year.
It also broke my heart to learn about the deaths of some famous stars in Taiwan and around the world.
1. What has happened in the world this year?
(A) The writer’s school has closed.
(B) Businesses have made a lot of money.
(C) There has been great loss of life.
2. What does the word “sorrow” mean?
3. What did the writer NOT say in her diary?
(A) This winter was too cold for her.
(B) Some people lost their jobs.
(C) She hoped for a wonderful new year.
It also broke my heart／to learn about the deaths of some famous stars／in Taiwan and around the world.
1. (C) 2. (A) 3. (A)