1. lie [laɪ] n. 謊言（國中基本1200字）
2. wild [waɪld] adj. 瘋狂的；狂野的（國中挑戰800字）
3. cross [krɔs] v. 越過；橫渡（國中基本1200字）
1. sweetie pie 心愛的人，為口語稱呼，意同於 sweet heart、honey。
2. look + 人 + in the eye 直視某人
3. sign 嘆息，在此為名詞，也可當動詞。
4. raise up 舉起，在此引申為「鼓舞；支持」。
Here is a short poem from a father.
I know／how you feel／when the world gets so wild.
I’ll run for miles, cross the ocean, just to raise you up in time.
1. Which is NOT the feeling Kattie has right now?
(A) She feels troubled.
(B) She is very proud.
(C) She feels sad.
2. What does Kattie’s father want her to do?
(A) Never tell the truth.
(B) Be nice and be herself.
(C) Stop daydreaming.
3. What can we say about the father?
(A) He is too busy to talk to his daughter.
(B) He doesn’t know how to show love for his child.
(C) He will do anything for his daughter.
I’ll run for miles,／cross the ocean,／just to raise you up／in time.
1. (B) 2. (B) 3. (C)